Can I Rent a Drone? Consider Your Options
Table of Contents
Can I Rent A Drone?
This is a common question people ask themselves while carrying out their drone research before purchasing one, as you come to realise they are quite a costly investment. But to answer your question yes, you can rent a drone and there are lots of models and makes which can help you achieve what you need to, without breaking your budget.
Now you know you can rent a drone you are probably asking yourself, should I buy or rent one? They both have great benefits however it depends on what you need for your work, what relevant training you have, and how much time you have to spare.
Drones are an excellent investment if you know you will be using them all the time, usually when you have a frequent and solid client base. However, if this is not the case, we suggest you are better suited for renting a drone, which poses many benefits.
We will go over the benefits of renting a drone, and then you can decide if renting or buying one is better suited for you.
Benefits Of Renting A Drone?
- More flexibility, if you rented a drone whilst waiting for a new model to come out, you can send the rental back and rent the new drone you need.
- It is excellent for freelance or contract work as you can rent the model required as and when you need them.
- If you are new to the drone game or even want to know more about other drones, renting is a great option to test them out.
- You may not want to buy a drone because the one you need is too expensive. Renting a drone is much cheaper than buying one outright, especially for one off-day job.
- If you are travelling around for work and cannot carry a drone, renting has the advantage of having the equipment shipped to your work delivery address instead of taking it all around with you.
Purpose Of Renting A Drone?
At this point, you may be thinking the benefits all sound very good but are still unsure if renting a drone is right for you. Drone rental is for various purposes such as:
- You already have a drone you use for work; however, you have accepted a job that needs the use of a different model.
- To survey a property if you are buying or selling.
- When hazardous sites need to carry out reviews or inspections in hard-to-reach areas.
- Building sites use them for mapping and planning new projects or improving current ones.
- When filming or taking photographs from hard to get to places for a film or documentary.
What If I Don’t Need To Buy Or Rent A Drone?
So if you have read this and thought I don’t need to buy one or rent one, maybe because you don’t have the relevant training in place to fly one, or you would rather have someone more skilled carry out the job. You can hire an expert drone operator specialising in the industry you need assistance in.
What To Take Into Account Before Buying Or Renting a Drone?
HOW OFTEN WILL YOU USE IT
How often are you going to use the drone? You need to determine if this is something you will be operating daily or something you need to use as a one-off. In this case, you are probably better off renting one instead of buying one at a high cost and never using it again.
We are glad that buying is the best option if you have made this decision. However, we want you to be aware that training is required to fly a drone. It is well worthwhile purchasing training if you know this is something you will be able to make money from, as the training can be timely and costly. On the other hand, if you need it for one-off use and do not have or want the relevant training, you should hire an experienced drone operator to carry out the job.
If you are on a tight budget buying a drone can be pretty expensive, so make sure you know you will be able to get the use out of it you need or make the money back by offering services. If you do not have the relevant training and want to buy a drone, paying for it, all can be rather expensive and time-consuming. Hiring a drone operator is an excellent choice if you lack training, time, and money.
How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Drone?
Drone rental prices can vary for all types of reasons. Some of these include:
- The time you need it for
- The type of model you are using
- Job type
- Permission level
All of these play a big part when it comes to the end price for drone rental. The cost wouldn’t be the same for renting a drone for a photography job lasting 1 day and a surveying and inspections job using videos and data for a course of 2 weeks.
Best Drone Renting Services
Should I Buy Or Rent A Drone?
You now know you can rent a drone and it is time to make the decision should I buy or rent one? Deciding whether you want to buy or rent a drone comes down to what you need it for, how often will you use it, and do you have the proper training for it. Drones can be expensive, and if you are not dead set on what you are doing with them, you can end up buying something you potentially never use again.
However, if you are still unsure, renting a drone can allow you to try out different models to see which one is best for you and if you do decide to change paths and not use a drone for the long hall, the bank won’t have had a massive hit.
Or, if you are still really unsure what you should do, you can also talk to some of the leading industry experts to get helpful advice on your situation. Please see the links below to help you further.